Sunday, April 11, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



Today is my birthday. For me my birthday is the start of a new year. When others are worrying about making resolutions on December 31st and contemplating starting over, I wait for my new year. The New Year starts the day I was born. Today I am celebrating my past year’s accomplishments. I celebrate the big things and the small. My birthday is the day that I reflect and move forward.


Isn’t it nice to know that you can have your own year? It’s time for me to look at my commitments and see if I’ve kept them or if I have to tweak some of the rough edges. I like that we have the chance to start over.

This year I’m excited to share my blogs. I’m excited that I even started blogging. I’ve met new friends tweeting and working with face book. I didn’t let my fears of the social media blitz prevail. I’ve met new friends this year in unexpected places and I’ve taken on volunteer work that is the highlight of my week. I’ve made commitments to continue what I love doing most every day. Enjoying my family, spending time with friends or learning new and exciting things and staying on track with my health have been important things to me. I’ve learned to let go of the past and look forward to my future. I’m doing the one thing I thought was lost, I’m writing again.

I’ve learned to relax more and have fun. I’ve stopped to listen more to other’s advice especially from the younger people I know. I have learned to embrace whatever new day brings. I celebrate each little moment I feel has made an impact in my life, my health, my relationships, my accomplishments.

So many times we get caught up in counting calories, studying our food choices, worrying about what others think that we forget to just be. Birthdays are for being. Friends wish us well, our families celebrate with us and we feel renewed. We thoroughly enjoy the presents and our presence in this world.

No matter what your New Year brings always celebrate where you’ve been and what’s to come. That’s what Birthday’s and New Years are all about for me. Someone once said, “Dance, Live, Love”. I don’t know if they realize how wise that is, how quickly we can forget and how pertinent it is to our new beginning.

Find your passions, say no to things that take you away from doing what you love, look back on your year with a smile and be excited about what lies ahead.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment