Friday, April 9, 2010

think Thin!


Have you tried them?  These bars pack a punch in taste, variety and nutrition.

I was a bit skeptical at first that anything without sugar and packed with vitamins could taste this good.  I have been trying to eliminate sugar in my diet and although it's a tough process I have been lowering the intake and finding that I feel much better because of it.

These bars were first introduced to me from a good friend Jorge Cruise who just came out with his latest book "The Belly Fat Cure", another great read that can be purchased at Amazon.com (see my Amazon search button to the left to find Jorge's book and read excerpts or purchase).

 

Yesterday, as I stumbled upon these bars I decided to give them a try. These bars have 0g Sugar, 20g Protein, are Gluten Free, Fortified with 17 Essential Vitamins and Minerals, have No Cholesterol, and No Trans Fat.  The bars are great for those with celiac disease and diabetes. The bars are rated one of the top protein bars in the natural industry.

The bars come in Brownie Crunch (my favorite), Chocolate Fudge, Chocolate Mudslide, Chunky Peanut Butter, Creamy Peanut Butter (another favorite), Dark Chocolate Flavor, White Chocolate Chip and a Variety Pack.  They also carry thinkThin dessert bars and are coming out with thinkThin bites that are 100 calorie bars for those of us who are watching calories.

Immediately after eating one of these bars I felt completely full and satisfied. Satisfying my hunger is a big thing to me as well as nutrition.  So many of the protein bars I was choosing to eat were so full of sugar I felt  hungry only a short time later. This is a great way to give me some pick-me-up in the afternoon.

The great thing about this company is how they came to be and the causes they have donated money to. 

Someone very close to the founder of thinkThin, Lizanne Falsetto, was diagnosed with cancer. 
Investigating all the nutritional options available before deciding on chemotherapy or major surgery led to a strictly vegan diet, high in protein from soy and tofu sources.  Her friends diet was supplemented with green foods and later they introduced salmon. Her friends protein and vegetable portions were also carefully controlled.

Eleven months later, with change in diet and monitoring by his physicians, he was getting better.  He was cancer free!  10 years later he's still healthy and energetic. Proof that a healthier diet and monitoring one's health with a physician can be lifesaving. Falsetto's experience with her friend led her on a journey to wellness and has shaped her personal mission -- "Prevention is the Cure." Her bars are part of this mission.

More information on the thinkThin story along with all of their products can be found at their thinkThin website.  Their many philanthropic efforts include helping such causes as the Autism Research Institute in San Diego, California and Susan G. Komen for the Cure, among a whole list of others.

Ordering thinkThin bars is made easy at Amazon.com which you can find in the side panel to the left of my blog.

Don't forget to check out Lizanne's weekly blog "Deliciousy Simple" for more wellness and healthy eating tips. 


No comments:

Post a Comment